Thursday, March 4, 2010

New Challenges


 Well I had every intention of writing a lengthy blog about the wonderful visit I had from the  Scott family, but the power was off for the better part of 2 days and now we are faced with a new set of challenges.
  On Tuesday Pastor Emanuel informed Sandy and I that  the owner of the land and buildings  we are using for our GGI program will soon return from America to build a new house on her land. The Church has been leasing that land adjacent to the sanctuary for several years and when we came here with a new program they were gracious enough to give us the space for a kitchen and also one classroom for use on Saturday, not to mention a large play area. The kitchen is kept locked when we aren’t using it during the week so it is really exclusively ours.
   So the new challenge we face is where to have our kitchen and what will we use for a classroom and play area  The office and one other classroom are dedicated spaces and are always in use and there is nowhere else to set up a kitchen.  I am therefore urgently requesting all of our blog readers to turn to our heavenly Father and ask for his provision. We will do the earthly work of searching the area for a suitable location but I am asking you to help support us in the spiritual work of praying for a clear path from the Lord.
    There are many vacant buildings in the area so hopefully one of them will become the new home for our GGI program and the Teen club that  we hope to start soon. I am still seeking a tutor for me  in afaan Oromo and also an interpreter for us who speaks fluent english and Oromo.  So I am asking all of you to partner with us and pray for the needs of this little program still in its infancy.
   I just finished reading the book ‘Fresh Wind Fresh Fire’ and it has left me both ashamed and inspired towards my prayer life. If you haven’t read it get it. Thank you Scott Family for bringing it to Ethiopia with you. I have so much hope for what we can do here but we are so often met with obstacles, I know that the Lord will use these not to stumble us but to strengthen our faith and to draw us ever closer to Him. I am reminded of Guy’s sermon last Sunday about not getting ahead of God’s leading but earnestly seeking His will and His timing.  Call upon the Lord, trust in the Lord, wait on the Lord  and see what great and mighty things He will do.
   Again I ask you to turn to prayer in these matters and let’s see what our awesome God will do. Your sister in Christ,  Carole

No comments: