Thursday, June 21, 2012

Answered Prayer

I think this is the happiest day of my life! Ok...when I got married and had my children..that was pretty good too. Jesus answered our prayers!!!! OUR BAGS ARE HERE!!!! Just in time for the tournament...Our God is an awesome God...I prayed hard for a miracle and everyone else prayed and he answered! So, I praise him in the good and when there is bad also. Never stop praising him! We woke this morning and Robert and Sarah (my sister) called the airport in Entebbe and all the bags had come in last night. Our plan was for the whole group to go to Fountain, but plans changed. Robert, my dad and Todd drove to Entebbe to pick up the luggage. When they got there, sure enough it was all our bags. The man opened our luggage and said that we need to pay taxes on the tournament shirts. Todd was having none of that and said no...we will not pay. Why do we have to pay taxes on these shirts and not on all the other luggage? The man said those are personal items...Todd said well then these t-shirts are my personal shirts as well. Their is a lot of coruption in Uganda and the man would have just pocketed the money if we paid it. I think they had a stand off and Todd was not budging. So the man said fine...You just go. I could not believe my Todd did that. My dad said he just sat back and said nothing and let Todd handle it. So all of us have our personal bags...I saw a note from Miriam that meds were coming for Pastor with the Newport team. I saw him take his diabetes shot this evening. Thank-you so much for loving him and wanting to help him. The rest of us traveled to Fountain. Oh my goodness...so much has changed. So much growth is happening. Sarah Sityo and Boscoe (the financial director for the school) gave us a tour. They now have a fence all the way around the school with 2 gates so they can control who comes and goes. It is better security. They have 2 "gate keepers" that are there all the time. Robert said it was a big adjustment for all the teachers because now when they come to school they also have to be checked, their bags checked, for safety of the students. With the auction monies that were raised by the community last year, they added on to the Highschool. They now have a building for Senior 4. Next year they want to add senior 5 and last senior 6. Then students can go to Fountain for their entire education. They have new buildings going in for the primary grades. The new kitchen is already too small for the number of students. The plan is to knock out one of the walls and add more and bigger cooking areas. Right now they are cooking in two shifts. I had never been in the kitchen when they were actually preparing the meal...(posho, beans and rice) It is scorching hot in there and the cooks are just dripping sweat. They also have to have big muscles because they are stirring such large pots of food. I am thankful they are there and feeding all the amazing children! We were greeted by many of the younger classes who ran out of their classrooms to greet us. Which surprised their teachers...so they had to round them up. This is not a normal accurance, they are very well behaved. Only when the Mzungus come that everyone goes mulalu:)(crazy).
Sarah cries at the drop of a hat. She can't even wave out the van window without tearing up. We went back to the Sityos house for lunch and then Martha, both Sarahs , Boscoe and I went to go shopping in town for the supplies for Sarah's stockpile and for outreach in the bush that we will be doing. We bought many things...writing books, pens, pencils, toilet paper, sanitary pads (for girls), soap, toothpaste, rice, beans, sugar, and flour for posho. We went back to the house and when we got there the suitcases were there! We ate dinner to the music of Chane Matoon and Becca Klimper...(see, you are here:) Then we sat and shared conversation with Robert and Sarah about how they met and how Fountain of Hope got started. Those of you curious...come next year...they can tell it again! Marilyn and Mo did not go on the shopping trip with us. They continued to sew up the fish we filled with beans. We also helped before we all had dinner. What a great day! I raise my Fanta in the air...and say Thank-you Lord...and now I will go to bed with a smile on my face.   Oh, one more thing...I got to see Peter and Sera today in town when we were shopping...that was a wonderful surprise. The preparations for the tournament have already begun and will continue tomorrow. The tournament is on Sat. and the whole community is excited. Blessings on your day!

Beth

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Praise God. Love you all. Vicki got the mess and they are still coming. Love you all.