Sunday, July 3, 2016

Elizabeth Mcduff: My first impressions of UGANDA 

   When Pastor Goodfellow, Martha, and I arrived in Uganda it was about 10:30 pm. After we got our visas and luggage we got ready to get loaded up to go to the hotel for the night. I was very scared. I didn’t know anyone that well so driving to the hotel was terrifying. Then driving in to where we were staying was like going in to the bad part of town at night. I was so scared all I wanted to do was call my family just so that I would be comforted by the sound of there voices. I didn’t sleep well that night at all and got up at 4:00 am. But by the time we had breakfast I was able to call my sister, Grace, who was just as relieved as I was when we talked. By the time we got in the van to go to Jinja everything seemed so much different. It was all so pretty; all the green from the trees and all the colors from the store fronts. I was in love with Uganda. And by the time we had met Robert, Sarah, the babies and the kids from the villages I was also falling in love with the people.

I knew before I left God had something great in store for me and now I'm experiencing this great blessing.

No comments: